GAT Sample Paper - Quantitative
GAT General Quantitative Sample Questions (NTS Sample Paper)
Number of Questions: 100 (Total Marks: 100)
Time allowed: 120 minutes (2 hours)
Choose the correct answer from the given options. Find answers and solution to the questions at the bottom of the page.
- Consider the following equation. Solve for x:
- x = y + 2
- x = y + 4
- x = 2y + 4
- x = 2y + 6
- The straight line 2x + 3y + 4 = 0 touches the x-axis at ?
- x = −2
- x = 2
- x = −1
- x = 1
- What is the value of x in the following diagram?
- What is the volume of a right-circular cylinder in cm3 whose radius is 2 cm, and height is 14 cm?
- What is sum of the first 10 terms of the sequence: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ... ?
ANSWERS: GAT SAMPLE PAPER (QUANTITATIVE)
SOLUTIONS: GAT SAMPLE PAPER (QUANTITATIVE)
27. (A) The line touches the x-axis when y = 0. Hence,
28. (B) This is right-triangle. So, by using Pythagoras theorem, we have
29. (A) By using formula for calculating volume of the right-circular cylinder, we have
30. (C) This is a geometric sequence with common ratio 2 and the first term is 1. By using formula for calculating sum of the n terms of a geometric sequence, we have